Our people are among the most talented in the industry. It would be our pleasure to put our extensive experience to work for you.
Yoko Kanamatsu - Partner Consultant
金 松 洋 子
More than 10 years experience as International Business Consultant
Stanford University Center for Study of Language and Information.
Industry Affiliate Coordinator
Courseware International Co.
Aviation Education Director
American Technical Inc.
Consultant for Japanese Industry
Partner, Global Communication, Foster City, CA. 2005 – present.
- Consult with the Japanese government and industries in the university-industry R&D partnership model.
- Helping Japanese companies to explore the US market.
- HR consulting for Japanese company how to hire in Silicon Valley.
- Advise high-tech companies on how to benefit from academic research and collaborations.
Industry Liaison Officer, Center for the Study of Language and Information / Media X, Stanford University, Stanford, CA.1996 – 2005.
- Coordinated the Silicon Valley and Industrial Affiliate programs. Raised $10 million in funds for membership and research collaboration projects.
- Managed relationships with Japanese companies. Clients included NTT, Toyota, NHK, Fujitsu, Sony, NEC, METI, Iizuka City, Epson, DNP, so on and various universities.
- Organized Recruiting Day for member companies.
- Worked with Japanese and Stanford representatives to explain cross-cultural issues. Coordinated research visits for Japanese visitors to Stanford and vice-versa.
- Translated Stanford marketing materials into Japanese. Served as a translator between Japanese representatives and Stanford affiliates.
- Coordinated legal issues and licensing arrangements.
Director, Aviation Education, Courseware Publishing International. Cupertino, CA.1994 –1999.
- Managed the software development team that collaborated with the Speech Recognition Research Lab at Stanford University.
- Developed CD-ROM multimedia content to teach pilots how to communicate with Air Traffic Controllers.
- Arranged software licensing contracts.
Intern, Federal Aviation Administration, San Jose/San Francisco, CA. 1994 – 1996.
- Served as a liaison between FAA government officials and the equivalent Japanese government authority (Civil Aviation Bureau for Aviation Safety).
- Managed Accident Prevention Program at San Jose FAA.
- Assisted with Boeing 777 FAA Certification at San Francisco FAA.
HR Consultant, American Technical, San Jose, CA. 1995 – 1997.
- · Advised the employment of local engineers for Japanese IT companies in Silicon
- Many successful placements as employment consultant.
Founder, “Hanashi-no Tane” publishing group, Foster City, CA. 1989 – 1995.
- Introduced Internet publication with NTT America.
- Provided a forum for people to express their thoughts and opinions.
- Editor, Apparel Industry Newspaper, Tokyo, Japan. 1986 – 1988 (2 years) · Editor for the textile industry newspaper, specializing in France and Europe.
- FAA Certified Commercial Pilot and Instructor (since 1994)
- Member, Silicon Valley Multimedia Forum
- Member, Keizai Society (US-Japan Business Forum)
- LSJ Life Science in Japanese at Stanford.
- SVJEN Silicon Valley Japanese Entrepreneur Network
BA, Foreign Studies,Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan.
- Foreign Language Teacher Credential in French
Certificate, Aeronautics, College of San Mateo, San Mateo, CA.
- Fully finished all classes of Aeronautics Course to be a commercial pilot.
- Introduced CSM and United Airlines internship
Stanford Continuing Education Financial course
two semesters course for US Tax and Financial System at Stanford University
receive CA State License # 0E26323
English- Business level,
French- Conversation level,